Frequently Asked Questions
Please browse through the following questions and answers about
repairs to your video camera. If you have a question and don't see
an answer here, please call us or send us a
- Q: Do you accept credit cards?
- A: Yes. We happily accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal,
and American Express. Please download the
Credit Card Authorization form.
- Q: How long have you been in business?
- A: We've been in business since 1972, renting equipment
to professionals in the film and video production industry. Since
we always repaired our own equipment, we decided to make this service
available to the public. To learn more about our rental company,
- Q: How much will it cost to have my camcorder fixed?
- A: We need to see it, take off the covers, and perform
some diagnostic tests. We need to determine if it needs any parts and
if so, how much those parts cost. Only after we have inspected your
camera can we provide you with an honest and realistic estimate for
- Q: Is my camcorder worth repairing?
- A: Yes. Given the cost of most video cameras, and our years
of experience repairing our own cameras, we can say that 90% of the
time, it is well worth the cost to repair a video camera.
- Q: Are the repairs guaranteed?
- A: Yes. All work is guaranteed for 90 days on the parts
that we replaced and labor related to the issue we fixed. We stand
behind our work 100%.
- Q: How long will it take to repair my video camera?
- A: The diagnostic evaluation takes 7 to 10 business days.
Upon your approval of the estimate, repairs take 5 to 10 business days
as long as any needed parts are in stock. We will let you know the
cost and availability of parts when we give you the estimate.
- Q: How should I ship my camera to you?
- A: Please follow the instructions on the shipping page.
- Q: Do you recommend shipping insurance?
- A: Yes. It only costs a few dollars and we cannot be
responsible for any loss or damage to your equipment before it
reaches us. Also, remember to use plenty of good packing material.
- Q: What if my camera is not listed on the homepage?
- A: Please call us. We've repaired many cameras over the years
and we have quite a few spare parts for older or more obscure cameras
that may not be on the list.
- Q: Will you buy my broken camcorder?
- A: Yes, we might be interested! Please use the contact form and tell us what it is and
what's wrong with it. We may be able to quote you a purchase
price on the phone.
- Q: Can I drop off my camcorder in person?
- A: Yes. If you are in or near Miami Florida, you can
drop off your camera during business hours. In case a technician
isn't immediately available, please type a short
note describing the problems with your camcorder, print it out,
and bring it with your camera. A technician will call you with any